Event: As of July 1, the Serbian Ministry of Health announced 14,836 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Serbia and 281 deaths. 8,626 people have been tested in the past 24 hours, with 272 confirmed cases among them. In total, there are an estimated 1,783 active cases.
There are currently no restrictions on entry to Serbia for foreigners or Serbian citizens. However, travelers should be prepared for restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Government of Serbia for additional information.
Following the recent increase in local COVID-19 cases, the following measures have been implemented by the Serbian Government:
- The use of face masks is now required on all public transportation.
- In Belgrade, it is required that masks be worn indoors, especially in banks, post offices, shops, and public institutions.
- Visits to patients in hospitals are banned.
- Visits to elder-care homes are limited to 15 minutes.
- The recommended distance between people outdoors has been increased from 1 to 1.5 meters.
- Indoor establishments (public institutions, shops, offices, restaurants) are required to provide at least 3 square meters of space per person.
- Local authorities in Novi Pazar, Vranje, and Kragujevac, declared a local state of emergency on June 25 due to the sharp rise in COVID-19 cases in those cities.
The Embassy is offering appointments for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services. Please check our website regularly for information about how to schedule an appointment. Customers will be required to bring and wear a mask while at the Embassy, arrive on-time for their appointments, and be completely prepared for their appointment, including having all required forms filled out in advance.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel.
U.S. Department of State recommended actions: