If you’ve been trying to lose weight for a while now, you probably already know that what you eat aka your weight loss diet, constituents 80 per cent of your efforts. The remaining 20 per cent comes in the form of leading an active lifestyle. More importantly, this 80 per cent need not be constituted in the form of an unheard diet plan featuring none of your regular meal options. You can lose weight by following a simple Indian diet plan like 20-year-old Ishaan Garg did.
Says Garg, “At my heaviest, I weighed 117 kg, and was motivated to get in shape after I fell ill. I realised that I’d been following a very toxic lifestyle and needed to bring about a change.”
“This moment occurred approximately 4 months ago, around the same time when Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff’s War caught everyone’s attention. Roshan’s fitness levels in War gave me a lot of motivation to follow the below weight loss plan religiously to lose 33 kg in 4 months and trim to 84 kg,” he adds.
Weight loss plan he followed to lose 33 kg in 4 months –
“I followed a strict workout regime and an Indian diet plan. I ate only 4 meals throughout the day and stopped consuming sugar, aerated drinks, pizzas, burgers, all kinds of junk and oily food. And, I saw the result of this diet in a very short period of time. Now, I can confidently tell you that eating simple Indian food will never make you fat. In fact it will help you stay fit. It worked wonders for me, personally.”
Indian diet plan he followed to lose weight –
Breakfast: Fruits and a cup of sugar-less coffee or tea. “Fruits would usually include bananas and apples”
Lunch: 2 bowls of dal, one vegetable or non-vegetarian preparation, salad and 2 rotis with some amount of Ghee. “Ghee provides the body with healthy fats, which help in breaking down the stringent calories.”
Evening snack: Dry fruits
Dinner: Porridge or muesli with milk. “I’d ensure that I ate a very light and early dinner.”
Workout regime he followed to lose weight –
“Other than diet, I initially worked out very hard, and that would wholly consist of CrossFit for an hour. However, as my weight started dropping, my workout levels also changed. Right now, I just stretch for 20 minutes and indulge in a light workout session for no more than 40 minutes a day (mostly dominated by running sessions) for at least 4 days a week.”
Any tips for someone who’s trying to lose weight?
“Just be faithful to yourself and have confidence. Workout is important, but diet is a major thing. If you are just eating Indian food, trust me, these food items: green tea, brown bread or brown rice are not at all needed. I never consumed any green tea or brown rice during my weight loss regime.”
Disclaimer: The fitness journey, diet and workout routines shared by the respondents are purely for inspirational purposes and in no way intend to propagate a specific body type. Please consult an authorised medical professional before following any specific diet or workout routine mentioned above.
Have you lost weight and got fit? Share your body transformation story too! Write to [email protected] and we will publish select stories right here!
More on Fitness